SOFA Fest Vendors
The Southern Ohio Fiber Arts Festival will take place the weekend of May 20-21, 2022. This is a Friday-Saturday event schedule with a long sales day for Saturday.
The vendor application will remain open until midnight February 28, 2022. Please submit your application as soon as possible so we have enough time to prepare for your visit.
All vendor paperwork and fees are required by midnight March 31, 2022.
The Southern Ohio Fiber Arts Festival returns for Spring of 2022!
We intend this event to reflect our community-building efforts around fiber arts in and around southeast Ohio. We hope to involve a wide range of vendors from across the region and into neighboring states who offer everything from raw or washed fleece to final fiber artworks.
- As a SOFA Fest fiber arts vendor, at least 50% of your primary product must be fiber arts-related and made by you or your company (NO resale items).
- We welcome farmers who expect to have freshly sheared fleece available! Please apply for an outdoor booth space to more effectively show off and sell your fleece.
- Artist applicants should be located in southeast Ohio and your artwork must be entirely made by you (NO resales).
All applicants will receive email confirmation once we've processed your application, and you will receive an invoice and further instructions beginning in January 2022.
If you have any questions about this application or the festival, please contact the committee and we'll be happy to answer them!
We offer two options for vendor space at SOFA Fest:
- Earlybird Vendors
- Vendors on the Square.
Earlybird vendors will set up inside Stuart's Opera House in the beautifully renovated lobby on Friday starting at Noon. Sellers will have the opportunity to vend from Friday May 20 at 3pm to 9pm through Saturday May 21 9am to 6pm (times are subject to change). We have only 18 of these spots available and they're going fast!
Earlybird vendors will need to be available to sell for a Friday evening social of sponsors, visitors, and community members. More details about this extra vending opportunity will be made public as we confirm them.
The cost will be $75 per indoor booth space, 10-feet wide by 8-feet deep, electric will be available if you'd like to use it. First paid--first placed, so get your application in as soon as you can!
Vendors on the Square
Vendors on the Square will setup outside starting Saturday morning at 7am (we can make it earlier if needed). These booths will be located on protected streets on two sides of the oval of the Historic Nelsonville Public Square.
Setup needs completed by 9:00am Saturday May 21, and tear-down will start at 6:00pm (times are subject to change). Don't forget to weight your tent! Most insurances require this effort.
The cost will be $50 per 10-feet by 10-feet space to accommodate a standard tent booth with some spacing between booths (as yet to be determined). There will be no electric available. This fee includes the small $5 one-day fee for an outdoor vendor permit by the City of Nelsonville.
Raffle Item Requirement
All vendors must be prepared to donate one item at check-in for our raffle that will run from Friday evening through Saturday afternoon, with the drawing to take place at 5pm Saturday. Winners do not need to be present to win, but must be willing to cover shipping costs for the item they've won.
No raffle item, no sales.
With us so far?
If you'd like to become a SOFA Fest vendor, we have only four (4) requirements:
- Your primary products must be fiber-arts related supplies, tools, raw and/or washed fiber, processed roving and top, yarns, fabrics, etc. All artists must make all of their artwork and be located in southeast Ohio. Please ask if you need clarification about your products. Photos of past booths or samples of current items for sale will be required at the time you pay for your booth (for marketing purposes).
- You must have a State of Ohio Vendor's License, either for Athens County or Transient.
- At the time you pay your fees, outdoor vendors will also need to turn in a city permit form that we will send to you with your invoice (the $5 fee is included in your booth fee).
- You must carry your own event insurance and make sure Stuart's Opera House is listed on it (ACTinsurance.com is a great option for craft fair artists).
Please be prepared to provide these three documents plus a photo of your products or recent booth at the time you pay for your vending spot beginning in January 2022. If the coverage or license expires before May 20, 2022, also be prepared to provide proof of a current insurance policy and/or vendors' license no later than April 20, 2022 (FIRM deadline).
We hope this will be a fun and enjoyable weekend in the beautiful hills of southeast Ohio. Please join us!